Chicken Katsu

We have had this a lot over the years in Hawaii and I have never found a place that serves this in Colorado. I made this for my sister and boyfriend and they loved it. Wes even ate some of the Mac Salad! I halved the recipe since I also served rice.

Katsu Sauce:
1/3 cup ketchup
2 TBs Worcestershire sauce
1 TBs soy sauce 
1 TBs mirin
1 TB sugar
1 TB Sugar
1 tsp mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
siracha to taste

Chicken Katsu:
Flour
1 egg
Panko
4 Costco Chicken Breasts sliced in half
salt and pepper
canola oil for frying

1. Season each sides with salt and pepper. Dip in flour, then egg and then panko.
2. Cook in 350 degree oil, 4 min per side. (I happened to cut them uneven so the smaller ones I decreased to 3 min per side.)
3. Serve with the Sauce and rice!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger Stripe Brownies

Curry Chicken in the Crockpot

EASY Beef Stroganoff