Kalua Pork and Cabbage

To continue my Hawaiian feasting this was up next.
I cooked the pork (bone in) in my InstaPot on the crock pot setting for 9 hours. Then I added the cabbage and cooked another 90 min. However the cabbage was still crunchy so I did the Pressure Cooker for 15 min and it was wonderful!
Next time I am thinking about forgetting the 90 minutes and just adding the cabbage and then do the pressure cooker (sealing) on 20 minutes. 
I also used regular salt but it was a little bland, next time I will try sea salt.

July - cooked pork for only 7 hours and added in cabbage halfway through. That turned out perfect. will try that method from now on.

Ingredients:
3-4 lb pork shoulder or butt roast
1 head of cabbage
Sea Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder

Directions:
1) Place shoulder in slow cooker, sprinkle with seasonings. Cook for 9 hours. 
2) Remove Pork and shred, removing fat
3) Place the liquid in a cup and let the fat rise. Drain out the top layer of fat.
4) Add the shredded pork, cooking liquid, and cabbage into Instapot.
5) Cook on high pressure (sealing) for 20 min. I did quick release since I was in a hurry and that worked great.

Served with rice and mac salad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger Stripe Brownies

Curry Chicken in the Crockpot

EASY Beef Stroganoff