EASY Fish Tacos

I love fish tacos sooo much, usually they take forever to make and I've been trying to experiment with different ways to cut the time down. The frying had to go first because that always takes a big chunk of time. Next, I wanted a flavorful sauce and cabbage that were easy to whip up. Done. I made these in about 25 minutes and they were some of the best I have made. 

I don't like corn tortillas so I always get flour and crisp them up real nice on a skillet before I form my taco. I also topped the tacos with some tomatoes even though that is not really used in fish tacos, that part is optional.  

The ingredient list my seem daunting but I had most of the ingredients on hand, and I bet you do too. Make these! 

Prep/Cook time: 25 min
Makes about 8 fish tacos

Ingredients: 
1/2 head cabbage, or about 3-4 cups
1/3 cup cilantro
3 green onions, chopped fine
2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tsp canola oil
1/4 cup sour cream
2 Tbs mayonnaise
1 Tbs lime juice
1 tsp chipotle chili powder
12 oz white fish (like mahi mahi or tilapia)
salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp cumin
1 avocado, sliced
1 tomato, chopped (optional)
corn or flour tortillas

Directions:
1) Make the cabbage: mix cabbage, cilantro, green onions, vinegar, green onions and a sprinkle of salt. 
2) Make the chipotle sauce: mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice and chipotle chili powder together. 
3) Heat a pan over medium heat. Meanwhile mix the seasoning for the fish together: cumin, coriander, and chili powder. Sprinkle fish with salt and then top with this seasoning mixture. Once your pan is hot cook the fish and then flake into bite size pieces for the tacos. 
4) Heat your tortilla in a pan until it gets a little crispy
5) Layer as so: chipotle sauce, avocado, fish, cabbage. 




and i couldn't resit this picture: 



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger Stripe Brownies

Curry Chicken in the Crockpot

EASY Beef Stroganoff