Cheese Omelette with Peppers and Turkey

Breakfast! I do not know how people skip breakfast. That is when I am the hungriest. It is also much healthier for you! Get that metabolism started early!

This recipe is something easy to make for breakfast. I like to eat these on the weekdays, I will make it the night before then all I have to do is heat it up before work. I like to top it with a little salsa if I have that on hand.



Ingredients:
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 onion
1/2 green bell pepper
1/2 red or orange bell pepper
1 Jalapeno (optional)
1 small potato
1/2 cup turkey (I used oven roasted from the Deli)
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
6 eggs
2 Tbs milk
Salt and pepper

Directions:
1) Heat oil in a heavy non-stick pan (oven proof) and cook the onion, peppers and potato until they start to brown. (8-10 minutes over medium heat) 
2) Mix milk and eggs together and season with salt and pepper
3) Spread out the turkey and cheese over the veggies and then pour the egg mixture over the top and make sure it is spread out over the pan. Season with salt and pepper again.

4) Reduce heat, cover with lid and cook the omelette until solid. about 5-10 minutes.

5) Depending on the size of your fry pan, you can finish cooking the omelette in the oven. I cooked mine in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes instead of on the stove because I used a smaller fry pan.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger Stripe Brownies

Curry Chicken in the Crockpot

EASY Beef Stroganoff