Homemade Hash-browns

I love making a big gourmet breakfast on the weekends when I have time. Always the star of the breakfast is my homemade hash-browns. They are so easy you will be making these in no time. 
I make these in two ways: regular or with a Mexican twist - all I alter is the spices. 

Ingredients:
2 Potatoes
olive oil
salt and pepper

Spices (you only need these if you want the Mexican twist)
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp season salt

Directions:
1) Heat a skillet over medium heat
2) Rinse the potatoes well, then shred into a colander (I the big holes on a cheese grader)
3) Rinse the potatoes, and then squeeze them to remove the excess water (this step is important, if you don't rinse them they will stick together and be very annoying)
4) Put some oil live in the skillet and then put in the potatoes and top with salt and pepper (or Mexican blend). STIR to distribute the oil and spices and then flatten into the pan.



5) cook for about 5 minutes and flip. They won't be brown yet, I just like to get an even cook. Cook this side for about 8-10 minutes or until brown. I can usually tell they are ready if it moves as one big piece.



6) Cook the other side until it is brown ~ 6 minutes. 
Enjoy!


Served here with some cheesy scrambled eggs 


           

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger Stripe Brownies

Curry Chicken in the Crockpot

EASY Beef Stroganoff