Sloppy Joes

An easy lunch idea - sloppy joes. I saw Ree Drummond make this on the food network and it looked so good. Everything she makes always looks delicious. She used 2 lbs of ground beef but I tweaked the recipe to make it with 1.25 lb. because that's what I had

Ingredients:
1.25 lb ground beef
1/2 small onion
1/2 bell pepper 
4 gloves of garlic
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs brown sugar
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground mustard
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
5 dashes Worcestershire 
3-5 dashes hot sauce
salt and pepper



Directions:
1) Brown the ground beef, meanwhile chop up the garlic, bell pepper and onion.



2) Once the meat is almost done cooking, drain the fat and add in the onions/peppers/garlic. Let those cook until the meat is done. 2-4 minutes.




3) Add ketchup, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, dry mustard, and water. Also add Worcestershire and hot sauce if desired. Stir to combine and simmer for 15 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste - if needed adjust seasonings. 



4) Serve on a warm bun or bread (best toasted and buttered) Or with a slice of cheese. 
I had no cheese or buns when I took my picture - SAD day! I always forget something at the darn store. 



Enjoy!

Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiger Stripe Brownies

Curry Chicken in the Crockpot

EASY Beef Stroganoff